Here are some tips on how to book your senior portrait:
Start planning early. Most photographers book up quickly, so it's important to start planning your session early. This will give you plenty of time to find a photographer you like, book a date, and choose your outfits.
2. Do your research. Once you've found a few photographers you're interested in, take some time to research them. Read online reviews, look at their portfolios, and ask around for recommendations. To check out Amanda Miles Photography, a few helpful sites are www.amandamilesphotography.com/seniors and www.amandamilesphotography.com/seniors-info.
3. Be clear about your expectations. When you reach out to your photographer, be sure to let them know what you would like from your session. What kind of photos are you looking for? What kind of atmosphere do you want? What's your budget?
4. Check out the photographer's style. Every photographer has their own unique style. Some photographers specialize in traditional portraits, while others prefer a more creative approach. It's important to find a photographer whose style you like. Amanda Miles is a lifestyle portrait photographer that has provides prompts and posing guidance, but gives space for each clients individual personality to shine through.
5. Ask about the photographer's experience. How long have they been a photographer? Have they worked with seniors before? Are they familiar with the type of photos you're looking for? Amanda Miles has been working with seniors for 5 years.
6. Ask about the photographer's pricing. Be sure to get an estimate of the photographer's fees before you book your session. This will help you avoid any surprises later on. Amanda Miles Photography senior portrait sessions start at $350 for a 45 minute session, up to two outfits and includes 20 digital images. If you would like more time, more outfits or multiple locations just let her know and she can design a package that works for you.
7. Ask about the photographer's cancellation policy. What happens if you need to cancel your session? Do you get a refund? At Amanda Miles Photography, if you need to cancel your session your $50 deposit is non-refundable, but I will help to find an alternative date that works for you so that you can reschedule.
8. Choose a photographer you feel comfortable with. This is an important decision, so be sure to choose a photographer you feel comfortable with. You should be able to relax and be yourself during your session.
Here are some additional tips:
Choose a location that reflects your personality. If you're an outdoorsy person, you might want to have your session in a park or on a hiking trail. If you're more interested in fashion, you might want to have your session in a studio or at a shopping mall.
Bring props that reflect your interests. If you play a musical instrument, bring it with you. If you're a fan of a certain book or movie, bring a prop from that. Props can help to add personality to your photos.
Dress in clothes that make you feel confident. This is your chance to show off your personal style, so wear something that you feel good in.
Be yourself and have fun! This is your senior portrait session, so make sure to enjoy yourself. The more relaxed you are, the better your photos will be.
I hope these tips help you book your senior portrait session!
Amanda Miles Photography is a Goochland, Virginia based portrait photographer working in the Central Virginia area from Charlottesville to Richmond and everywhere in between.